Senior COGNOS Developer
An experienced Cognos developer/architect is being sought to join the team to assist in the delivery of this challenging project.
- Skills: Senior Cognos developer
- Location: NYC, NY
- Area code: 201
- Tax term: FULLTIME
- Pay rate: Open
- Length: Long term
Role Specific Responsibilities
This role is for a Cognos developer. The candidate will have experience of implementing Cognos projects that span the full life cycle from user requirements gathering, analysis and database design to implementation.
The candidate will responsible for technical design and development tasks throughout the full life-cycle of the development phases to create a reporting solution based across multiple platforms. Interaction with architects, analysts and other developers will be a major factor.
Responsibilities Will Involve
- Working as part of a team and coordinate with Technical Architecture, Other development groups, Operations Users,
- Technology Management and Production Support.
- Interpret the business analyst's requirements.
- Design and or modify the database structure to be able to support the requirements in a way that is optimal for Cognos.
- Work with the DBAs to implement the required changes to the database.
- Develop the Cognos Framework and reports according to best practices.
- Planning, control and execution of Unit and System Testing.
- Support of UAT and Implementation phases.
Knowledge of Investment Banking across middle office and transaction management is preferred.
- A through understanding of the Cognos architecture and development best practices.
- Experience of the full project development lifecycle with the Cognos Products, Cognos 8.2 Framework Manager, Query Studio and Report Studio, Analysis Studio and Metrics Studio.
- Understanding of SDK and the use of java script and HTML in Cognos8
- Experience of Cognos 8.3 would be an advantage.
- Experience integrating Cognos with other web portals would be beneficial.
Experience in Global Markets and Middle Office technology and in the successful delivery of $m projects.
- Structured & logical thinking
- Problem solving
- Results orientated
- Client focus
- Strong communication (written & verbal)