Careers :: Sr.Oracle Developer
Senior Oracle Developer is responsible for analyzing, designing, development, documenting, testing and implementing business applications that provide solutions to support company's business processes. The position works to deliver project results and value to the business. They must demonstrate knowledge of all phases of software development life cycle: requirements development, analysis and design, construction, and testing. They will coordinate and perform in an ongoing support role with regard to system operations and results. This includes any or all of the following; direct support, problem investigation and/or liaison to other departments to ensure timely problem resolution
Key Job Responsibilities (Weight %)
Works with system architect, DBA, other developers and/or any 3rd party vendors when necessary to develop and test applications. Adheres to the defined software development methodologies for ensuring milestones are met and technology standards are followed. Play a leading role in coding if needed. Create system design and programming specification documents as needed. Think out of the box to provide solutions for technical challenges. Provide timely development work status update when requested. Works with QA function to perform unit and system testing to maintain quality standard. Function as project / technical lead when needed. Actively build and maintain user relationship. Stay in touch with new technologies and technical trends.
Senior Oracle Developer is required to provide support of all production applications. Analyzes production issues and provide solutions for problem solving in a timely manner. Responsible for creating and updating necessary technical and user documentations as needed. The position is required to participate in other production support activities as requested. Assist Application Developers to resolve complex technical issues.
Contribute to the technical process, code and design documentation. Help establishing an environment for team and project collaboration. Maintain the knowledge base of application development process and technical standard.
Process Improvement (10%):
Assist the Application Development management with the creation of broad-based technology direction and standards. Make recommendation of process improvements as it relates to improving team communication, project communication, and overall development and testing methodologies. Coordinate issue resolution with other internal and external resources as needed.
Company Support (10%):
Provide technical mentoring and support for other application development team members. Assist in training Service Desk staff. Provide a continual example of high-level, quality service to all co-workers and customers.
- 5+ years of experience in development and support of Oracle E-business suite of applications.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Experience implementing or supporting Oracle Financial applications. Proficient in Oracle E-Business Suite 11i Technical foundation and table structures
- Experience with functional support skills in Oracle eBusiness Suite 11i Financials (GL, AP, AR, FA, PO, etc) and all associated sub-modules. Proficient in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Tuning, Oracle JDeveloper, and Self Service web forms.
- Experience with Oracle Applications, Oracle Forms, report, Workflow, XML Publisher, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Database 8, 9i and 10g, SQL loader.
- Experience with designing and developing Configuration, Customization, Extension, Modification, Localization and Integration
- Experience with SDLC and Possess application management in an Oracle Environment with at least one full life cycle oracle implementation in a functional or a technology-functional capacity.
- Experience working with conversion and interfaces programs between Oracle 11i and other systems.
- Flexible, self-directed and motivated individual, able to accommodate changing business needs.
- Project leadership skills, project planning and tracking, status communication, problem identification and resolution
- Understanding of Business Processes utilizing Oracle Application Flows across the E-Business suites.
- Experience in application package integration and implementation as well as new development.
- Ability to analyze business processes, complex problems, interprets operational needs and performs in-depth work analyses.
- Successful Customer facing experience and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to establish priorities, demonstrate discipline and independent judgment.
- Must possess good communication skills both written and oral; along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Knowledge of software design concepts, operating systems, database systems, computer networking, and security
- Work experience that demonstrates a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Ability to create and maintain positive and professional business relationship with both internal associates and external business users
- Knowledge of other ERP systems helpful
- MS SQL experience a plus
- Ability to provide application support in a 24x7 environment
|Length||6 Months + project|